[IPython-dev] Announcement: Set of IPython Notebooks to learn Python for Exploratory Computing

Ingolf Becker ingolf.becker at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:25:08 EDT 2014

Sorry about that -

I particularly like the notebooks on water management and the time series
analysis. Just a remark though:
I would avoid using %pylab inline - it has some hideous side effects [1]
(and there was talk of it being removed entirely in future versions)
`%matplotlib inline
from matplotlib import pyplot as plt`
should be preferred.

[1] https://carreau.github.io/posts/10-No-PyLab-Thanks.ipynb.html