[IPython-dev] Hide some code cells, show others?

pierre.gerold pierre.gerold at laposte.net
Fri Jun 13 05:22:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have encoutered the same problem as yours, but my purpose was for
latex export, not html. I have written a little extension ( right now
closed source) that have following features:

- can tag for hide the all cell
- tag to hide input part only
- tag to hide output part only
- pretty button in ipython to run nbconvert
- output of nbconvert put in a window

Currently I havn't release the code precisely because of two reasons:

-> should be extended for html case (at least, in a ideal world, for the
slideshow too ...)
-> my tagging system wasn't mature enought ( you might be able to tag
differently for latex/html and combine tag)

If you are interested by this fonctionnality, I can publish my code
tomorrow, saturday 13th of june, (no time today) on github, and you
could give me a feedback about what I do. I think, with your help it
could be done properly in a short time ( maximum one week ).

Precisely I need feedback about what is usefull for people, what is an
understandable documentation, and of course all things I havn't though
yet ...

I you just want a ready to use extension, nevermind, it will be
released, but later ...

See you

Pierre