[IPython-dev] nbconvert on Scientific Linux 5

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:51:15 EDT 2014

Oh, I missed that you are already using Anaconda. In that case, you
already have conda.

By the way, here's the conda recipe I used for pandoc:
https://github.com/conda/conda-recipes/tree/master/pandoc. It's kind
of hacky (i.e., it installs things into the local cabal, because I
didn't feel like building up a true conda package stack for Haskell
packages just for the sake of pandoc). It depends on gmp 4, libffi,
and zlib, all of which are also in that same repo.

The notes.md unfortunately doesn't do justice to the pain I went
through trying to get things to work. For instance, it matters if you
have profiling enabled in the haskell-platform, and you have to do it
from the start, because you can't build against dependencies unless
they also have it enabled. At one point, I ended up manually
recompiling about 100 recursive dependencies of pandoc. And I think in
the end it didn't even work for some reason...

Aaron Meurer