[IPython-dev] Multiple figures and parallel ipython

Antonino Ingargiola tritemio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:18:13 EST 2014

Hi to all,

I'm performing some simulation using an ipython cluster on a single
machine. A notebook manages the simulation and display results.

For testing I would like to plot some large array, let say 20M of points
for each engine.

I would like to do a loop like this: for each engine and for each "array
slice" plot the slice and close the figure. I use matplotlib inline and
close() is needed to release the RAM before the next plot.

Right now I'm doing this manually alternating this cell (`s` is the index
of the slice, S.emission is a pytables array on disk):

%%px --target=0
s = 0
em = S.emission[:, s*2e6:(s+1)*2e6]
plt.plot(em.T, alpha=0.5);
del em

and this cell:

%px plt.close('all')

Is it possible to turn this into a loop?

Thanks,

Antonio