[IPython-dev] Results of last year's user survey

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:02:40 EDT 2014

 I didn't know you guys were dropping 2.6 support so soon.

Regarding hipchat, I hate to say it, but nobody uses it because it
sucks. I personally hate it every time I try to use it. The interface
is just the worst for people who are not registered. You guys should
take a look at gitter.im. It integrates with GitHub, it's free, and it
has nice things like backlogs on chats for everyone.

I'm a little surprised about the academia vs. industry usage. I
suspect there were just more respondents from the academic side than
from industry.

Aaron Meurer