[IPython-dev] Seeing javascript visualization from nbviewer?

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:01:32 EDT 2014

I am working on migrating a Google visualization example [1] by
victor_zverovich to a simpler version shown here:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/bitbucket.org/ipre/calico/raw/master/notebooks/GeoChart.ipynb

(users using the regular IPython Python kernel can just change
calico.Javascript to Javascript and import it from IPython.display)

What do I need to do be able to have the GeoChart render in nbviewer?
Is that possible? Currently I get the same error I get before I
execute the cells when I first open the notebook:

"""
Javascript error adding output!
ReferenceError: google is not defined
"""