[IPython-dev] Embedded Videos in Slideshows

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:13:45 EDT 2014

Have you seen this problem using the slideshow generated with
IPython.nbconvert?
It can be an issue with reveal.js itself... can you provided me with an
example notebook to study the case?

Thanks.

> Hi,
>
> Does running a slideshow force embedded YouTube videos to play in flash
> instead of HTML5?  I've found that in while running Firefox in Ubuntu I
> cannot play YouTube videos in a slideshow.  I can watch the video in
> Firefox if it isn't in a slideshow and if I the slideshow runs in Chrome
> everything works.
>
> This isn't a big deal since most of my students are running Windows and
> they will be able to use up-to-date versions of the flashplayer, but I am
> curious if there could be a fix to either reveal or nbconvert that would
> correct this.
>
> As it stands, I need to switch my development from using Firefox to Chrome.
>
> I'm still using IPython 1.2.1.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Damon

Damián Avila
Scientific Python Developer
Quantitative Finance Analyst
Statistics, Biostatistics and Econometrics Consultant
Biochemist