[IPython-dev] IPyXMPP, a chat bot serving an IPython shell over XMPP

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:26:36 EDT 2014

Le 18 mars 2014 à 21:47, Francesco Rossi a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> I am writing a tool for interacting in real time with the data being
> processed in some simulation codes (running for days). Of course, I
> find that the best fit for doing that is embedding IPython in the C
> simulation codes and use its extraordinary features for data analysis.
>
> To provide the easiest possible access (without the need to know which
> cluster the simulation is running on or to set up ssh tunnels) to
> simple commands, I have written a small chat bot that serves the
> (embedded) IPython shell over XMPP.
>
> The chat bot is here: https://github.com/redsh/IPyXMPP .

That's Cool.

Have you considered adding the project to
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Projects-using-IPython

And tag it with IPython framework when releasing on Pypi !

> Has any of you already worked on something similar?
> Do you think it could be useful in other fields rather than
> long-simulation monitoring?

That would be cool to have a plugin for a chat bot !

> Which of the existing IPython shell apps would you suggest me to
> follow as a track for implementing a multi-user/multi-kernel shell
> over XMPP?

We will get to multi-user/multi-kernel for the notebook (multi kernel in the sense you will be apple to restart with a different kernel).