[IPython-dev] [ANNOUNCE] IPython 2.0.0 release candidate

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:11:12 EDT 2014

> The first release candidate for IPython 2.0.0 is now available:
> http://archive.ipython.org/testing/2.0.0
>
> Take it for a spin, and let us know if you find new issues. We still have
> some documentation updates to do, but barring anything unexpected, we
> should have our first IPython 2.0 release in a week or so.
>
> You can install the release candidate with pip:
>
>     pip install --pre --find-links
> http://archive.ipython.org/testing/2.0.0 ipython
>
> Hi all

I've  found an issue using OpenLayers. I tested that on versions:
1.2.1,
2.0.0dev
2.0.0rc1

The tiles are misaligned on versions 2.0.0xxx

You can test that using the following code in a cell:

%%html
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js
"></script>
<script>
var mymap = new OpenLayers.Map('js')

var layer1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM()

mymap.addLayer(layer1)

mymap.zoomToMaxExtent()
</script>

Best regards and thanks for the hard work.