[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook input boxes

Allen Hathaway hathaway56 at myfairpoint.net
Thu Mar 27 19:01:28 EDT 2014

I installed IPython using Anaconda.  I was running IPython Notebook on
Python 2.7.6 using Firefox as the browser.  I had updated all the relevant
packages before starting.

Everything ran beautiful for about 6 days.  Then yesterday I came home from
work and started it up.  The input boxes appeared about 3 times taller than
usual and would not accept any input.  In fact, every keystroke and
mouse-click made them get another line taller.

I tried deleting the browsing history - no effect.  I tried using other
browsers - it won't talk to MS Internet Explorer, but Google Chrome behaved
exactly like Firefox.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Is there some corrupted cache or file
that can be fixed?

Thanks for your help.

Allen