[IPython-dev] Problems with Anaconda

Andrew Gibiansky andrew.gibiansky at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:24:54 EDT 2014

Hey all,

A lot of my users (for IHaskell) try to install it with Anaconda providing
the IPython distribution. Whenever this happens, everything inevitably
fails horribly, and IHaskell (which is just a kernel for IPython, as well
as a small wrapper which launches IPython) just hangs after the first input.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? Works happily with
virtualenvs or globally installed ipython, but Anaconda seems to be
IHaskell's worst enemy. (Perhaps I should rename IHaskell to Mongoose or
something...)

-- Andrew