[IPython-dev] Upgrading Kernels for IPython 3

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:15:06 EST 2014

Hi Andrew,

I'm on my phone so I'll stay short.

Your kernel should work with IPython 3, we (should) detect and adapt older kernels.

The custom js/css is not ready yet. Some other things are still in motion.

Date is not fixed. The sooner the better. I, start to doubt there will be a release in the fall (maybe a beta).

Kernels install at min a Json spec in .ipython/kernels/kernel name/kernel.json

--profile-dir and notebook-dir should still work.

I'll give you some links later.

Envoyé de mon iPhone