[IPython-dev] Upgrading Kernels for IPython 3

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:18:24 EST 2014

> Kiko,
>
> Just to clarify, I need a command that *does* work on IPython 3. I can
> already do this for IPython 2, and am looking for the equivalent once 3 is
> released. In both the links you provided, it says that in IPython 3 you
> have to select it from a dropdown, which does not work for me.

I created a dummy kernel and it works for me (I see the kernel in the
dropdown menu,
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/kikocorreoso/PyConES14_talk-Hacking_the_Notebook/blob/master/notebooks/09-Kernels____IPythonv3_only.ipynb#Creating-our-own-kernels)
in the IPython 3.0.dev version. But yes, maybe a core developer can answer
much better than me as I'm far from being an expert with IPython and there
isn't much documentation about this.