[IPython-dev] Customize the notebook

Nicholas Bollweg nick.bollweg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:19:21 EST 2014

Lucien:
Don't count out CSS: you can do very tricky things with it. Here's a way to
change the logo from your custom.css in profile_default:

#ipython_notebook::before{content:"My new Title"}
#ipython_notebook img{display:none;}

You can also use profiles... these let you configure almost everything:
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/config/intro.html#example-config-file

Alternately, you can instantiate the server yourself, and do anything,
really: here's a pattern I used for overwriting just a little bit of the
templates and changing the starting directory:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/682a65934c31b0998d0d

Cheers,
Nick