[IPython-dev] method to call to perform a checkpoint/save in IPython API

Robert Alexander roalexan at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 26 14:12:49 EST 2014

FYI, a simplified version of what I'm trying to do is:

from IPython.nbformat import current as nbf
from IPython.html.services.notebooks import nbmanager as nbm

nb = nbf.new_notebook()
nbm.save_notebook()

which give me the following error when running:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'save_notebook'

I should also point out that I've configured my IPython notebook server to use a custom

NotebookApp.notebook_manager_class which, among other methods, implements

def save_notebook(self, model, name, path=''):

this method is called by the auto-save functionality of the notebook server. What I'm trying to do is basically call an API that performs at auto-save on the notebook server.