[IPython-dev] IPython test suite requires "requests" and "mock"

Jeroen Demeyer jdemeyer at cage.ugent.be
Sat Nov 29 07:33:30 EST 2014

On 2014-11-29 10:27, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> Hello ipython-dev,
>
> When running the IPython test suite ("iptest"), I got ImportErrors for
> the "requests" and "mock" modules. Perhaps the page
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/rel-0.13.1/development/testing.html
> should mention somewhere in the beginning to execute first
>
> easy_install nose requests mock

When installing ipython, "requests" and "mock" should probably appear in
the OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES too, just like "nose":

$ python setup.py install
BUILDING IPYTHON
                 python: 2.7.8 (default, Nov 23 2014, 10:16:46)  [GCC 4.6.4]
               platform: linux2

OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES
                 sphinx: 1.2.2
               pygments: 1.3.1
                   nose: Not found (required for running the test suite)
                pexpect: 2.0
                  pyzmq: 14.3.0
                tornado: 3.1.1
               readline: yes