[IPython-dev] Simple kernel not working on a venv

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 06:14:26 EDT 2014

>> On 9 October 2014 14:57, Kiko <kikocorreoso at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The kernel is working if I don't use a venv but inside a venv the
>>> notebook is 'busy' and I can't run code.
>>

>> My guess would be that it's somehow importing a different version of your
>> kernel, or a different version of IPython, inside the venv. I can't think
>> that anything we do should care whether the kernel runs in a venv or not.
>> If you remove the env and recreate it with fresh installations of IPython
>> and your kernel, do you still see the issue?
>>

> Let me check that tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, Thomas.

Ok, I installed a new linux mint, compiled python 3.4.2 from source,
ipython dev version on a venv, I also included kernel.json on
IPYTHONDIR/kernels/mykernel/kernel.json. On windows I diddn't include the
kernel.json on that folder and now it is working. On windows I didn't
include that fiile on the kernels folder and it was working. ¿?

Maybe it was related with this issue on ubuntu boxes (
http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/2hha8n/python_33_and_34_virtual_environments_pyvenv_are/
).

Thanks.