[IPython-dev] Wrap Javascript (D3.js) file into IPython Widget

Lucien Boillod lucienboillod at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 09:23:00 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I currently work with d3.js ans I almost finished (fidd here: http://jsfiddle.net/mv9L7hjq/15/), but now I have to include this part into the project (https://www.lrde.epita.fr/wiki/Vaucanson), so basically we use IPython notebook for the graphical user interface, and what we would like to do is simply wrap my work on D3 into a IPython widget, so that we can display it when we need it.
I have made some research about IPython widget using Javascript but all I found is something like that (http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/ipython/ipython/blob/master/examples/Interactive%20Widgets/Custom%20Widget%20-%20Hello%20World.ipynb)
But clearly I don’t want to rewrite the whole javascript file, but just load it and wrap both (HTML/CSS/JS) into a widget. I wonder if there is a way to do that ?

Thank you,

Cheers,

LB