[IPython-dev] Jupyter Server Project Startup

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:52:48 EDT 2014

Two additional questions:

* Are there any Puppet/Salt/Ansible scripts for JupyterHub?
* Is there a Vagrant VM / Docker Image for JupyterServer (with some
sort of documentation for how to update)?

Links:

* https://github.com/jupyter/jupyterhub

* http://datasciencetoolbox.org/
* https://github.com/DataScienceToolbox/data-science-toolbox/tree/master/bundles

* https://registry.hub.docker.com/repos/ipython/
* https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/ipython/scipyserver/

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM,  <John.Holt at tessella.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am just starting a project to deploy the IPython Notebook deployed for multiple user access on a virtual cloud. I am writing in the hope that the community can advise me on any issues I am going to face getting this up and running. I am particularly interested in the following:
>
>   1) It looks like Jupyter Hub is a good choice for this system. I am aware that is is still in development but have seen some people using it. How stable is it?
>   2) Has anyone used IPython parallel within JupyterHub? This is a key requirement of my project. I created a sandbox which runs this and although I can use a pre-setup cluster from my notebook, I can not start a new cluster within the notebook.
>   3) Any other thoughts, tips, tricks or pitfalls I should avoid?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>   This message is commercial in confidence and may be privileged.  It is intended for the
> addressee(s) only.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately.  Please note that
> messages sent or received by the Tessella e-mail system may be monitored and stored in an
> information retrieval system.

Wes Turner
https://westurner.github.io/