[IPython-dev] Ruler on notebook codecells

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 04:28:14 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to include a ruler for the code cells with no success.

I am using a modification of the code found here:
https://www.pfenninger.org/posts/ipython-notebook-extensions-to-ease-day-to-day-work/

My code, included in the custom.js is as follows:

<pre>
$([IPython.events]).on("app_initialized.NotebookApp", function () {
    require[("static/components/codemirror/addon/display/rulers")];
    var rulers = [{column: 79, color: "#333333", lineStyle: "dashed"}];
    IPython.Cell.options_default.cm_config.rulers = rulers;
    console.log("Rulers loaded");
});
</pre>

In the js console I can see that ruler is loaded and in the object
("IPython.Cell.options_default.cm_config.rulers") I can see the rulers
array but in the notebook nothing changed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.