[IPython-dev] Jupyterhub-based CMS?

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:04:08 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it necessary to run these distinct parts in a single server process?

No.

> At a glance, it sounds like it would be easier to run separate servers for
> different applications, and have a common authentication mechanism. That
> way, you are not limited to tornado solutions, or even to Python: you could
> use jupyterhub alongside WordPress.

Yes, that would probably be very easy. But would be hard to have much
integration between the notebooks and the CMS components (imagine panels
like "tag cloud", "trending libraries", "search/example uses", "share",
"co-edit", etc). It would seem that if the CMS were at least written in
Python, that would allow more interesting/useful components and integration.

-Doug