[IPython-dev] error running docker pull jupyter/demo

Robert Alexander roalexan at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 24 23:54:38 EDT 2014

I tried coming at this from a different angle, namely by download from git and bootstrapping using an "out-of-the-box" script that I found:

                sudo git clone https://github.com/jupyter/tmpnb.git
                sudo script/bootstrap

It looks like it ultimately sort of does the same thing, namely pull the jupyter/demo repository. This time around, however, it made it passed the previously failing "dependent layer"  - maybe that was a particularly large download that the network temporarily glitched on.