[IPython-dev] IPython/Jupyter governance model

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:49:05 EDT 2014

Hi all,

for the past couple of weeks, the core devs have been working on trying to
formalize what up until now have been our informally maintained governance
practices.  The idea is simply that clarifying and making explicit many of
these informal practices will make our community healthier as it grows, and
easier for newcomers and external agents to engage with, participate in,
and become productive members of.

We tried to do the minimal amount of private editing just to make sure that
the core devs were comfortable with the language, but the current document
should be considered a draft fully open to feedback and discussion from the
broader community. It currently lives at:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPEP-29:-Project-Governance

We'd like to hear any feedback any of you might have.

I'd also like to thank the members of the core team who provided
thoughtful, considered and meaningful feedback as we worked on this initial
draft together.

All the best,

Fernando, on behalf of the core dev team.