[IPython-dev] Jupyterhub with ssl?

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:42:18 EDT 2014

It’s IPython’s websocket cross-origin checking getting confused by the
proxied request. If you add:

--NotebookApp.allow_origin=[https://your_host](https://your_host)[:port]

(or ‘*’)

to the args passed to the single-user servers, it should allow the
connection:

jupyterhub --Spawner.cmd="['jupyterhub-singleuser',
'--NotebookApp.allow_origin=https://your_host[:port]']"

I opened a PR <https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/6480> to patch the
bug in origin checking.

-MinRK