[IPython-dev] Current status of sharing/publishing widgets?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:54:59 EDT 2014

It's worth mentioning that we have plans to make this use case easier.
There are three things we're planning to do:

- Store widgets in the notebook document format, so they persist in a
notebook without having to rerun the cells generating them.
- Make a 'comms only kernel' that handles widget requests but not regular
execution messages, so you can expose it on the public internet
(relatively) safely.
- Make a tool that can iterate through all possible widget states and
record the output to a set of small files, so you can run simple
widget-driven things from a static file server.

Thomas