[IPython-dev] Current status of sharing/publishing widgets?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 14:05:24 EDT 2014

On 19 September 2014 11:01, Adam Hughes <hughesadam87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas, considering that massive to-do list that must be on the IPython
> team's plate at this point, is there an estimated timetable for some of
> those plans you mentioned?

Storing widgets in notebook files should be done within a couple of months.
Jon, are we still aiming for 3.0 for that?

The comms only kernel is also fairly easy, though it's not on anyone's to
do list at the moment.

Generating and freezing widget state, and general tooling for publishing
widget-based interactive documents, are still some way off.

Thomas