[IPython-dev] more bootstrap widgets

Nicholas Bollweg nick.bollweg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:12:53 EDT 2014

Here's a couple of widgets I've been putting together, extracted from other
projects:

https://github.com/bollwyvl/ip-bootstrap

It's not a full release yet, but I figured some others might have some
interest/opinions on the work up until now.

Background: I have recently, both here on the list and for work, been
buiding things that are more application-like in notebooks. I end up
hacking up "chrome junk": control groups, layout grids, icons on buttons.
Yes, these are very boring from a data point of view, probably overkill as
widgets, etc... but are useful nonetheless, as the result Looks Good. Since
Bootstrap and FontAwesome are already available, it seemed like a
no-brainer to use them as the basis for this.

Future: Not sure if any of this would be an acceptable PR to core, as it is
pretty heavily tied to BS/FA, but perhaps certain features could be.

The icon minilanguage is particularly funny: to show a huge, "good" space
shuttle:

Icon(fa.space_shuttle.context_success.rotate_180 * 5)

Feedback welcome!