[IPython-dev] Absolute Path IPython

Lucien Boillod lucienboillod at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:27:27 EDT 2014

Hello,

Why can we not do a absolute path to find or read some files ? This is really a inconvenience because I would like the user can access, anywhere he is, to the documentation installed in a folder into my project, but without he has to find the way. But I can’t implement a magic_command line like “doc”, that open the file “index.ipynb” which is installed inside the project in a predefined path, because it’s not all allow absolute PATH.
So if you have a simple way to do my trick …

Kindest regards