[IPython-dev] CSS styles / DOM elements for MathJax displayed equations in markdown cells

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 02:36:27 EDT 2014

Hi,

First a warning, playing with mathjax can a can of worm, it is adjusted by mathjax people carefully to display correctly
in many cases, and I don't think custom css is supported.

That being said, the display equation are in a div with the following class : MathJax_Display

I suggest you learn to play around with CSS/JS web inspector of your browser to experiment.
For example:

.MathJax_Display {
 padding: 30px;
}

Should work, cf screenshot,
I don't think there is an easy way to target only markdown cell though.