[IPython-dev] Get notebook kernels to start in the same folder as the notebook .ipynb file

William Shipman shipman.william at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:51:13 EDT 2015

I have a central folder 'C:\Users\wjs\git\IPython' that has sub-folders for
major projects, e.g. 'phd-ipython-notebooks' for everything PhD related.
'phd-ipython-notebooks' has sub-folders for different reports, different
chapters, etc.

In the past, I'd start IPython notebook, navigate to
'phd-ipython-notebooks\X\Y.ipynb' and the working directory would be
'C:\Users\wjs\git\IPython\phd-ipython-notebooks\X'

I'm using WinPython, with IPython installed from
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/