[IPython-dev] Options for cloud-based Jupyterhub for Python training?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:27:29 EDT 2015

If you plan on using anaconda, I would directly ask continuum for
temporary wakari accounts.

You can also build a docker image with your requirement, and if users
have a github account it is pretty easy (apparently) to configure
jupyterhub with OAuthtenticator plugin with github. Then you "just"
need the users github handle. We have that privately  hosted on
Rackspace OnMetal servers, but I guess Amazon/Azure or alike is not
harder.

This is also what Oliver Grisel have used for SciKit Learn Tutorials
(but with no logins) during conferences.

I think also one of the question is how much resources do you plan to
use, are you searching for a "Sponsor" do provide the resources (and
eventually fidelize users) , or do you actually have fund to  fiance
the server(s) for a week.