[IPython-dev] nbviewer service in scipy central

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 16:45:10 EDT 2015

Hi Surya,

Thanks for working on this, I think notebooks would be a very natural
extension of SciPy Central.

On 2 August 2015 at 12:10, Surya <kasturisurya at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering, if its possible for you guys to provide IPython Notebook
> rendering as HTTP service for the application? It would help us to deeply
> integrate feature.

On the technical side, yes, it's relatively easy to do notebook rendering
as an HTTP service. This is the basis of our own nbviewer site, and of
notebook rendering on Github.

Our web services are generously hosted for free by Rackspace. Kyle Kelley
will probably respond to this thread soon, and he can talk about what they
can offer for doing something like this.

Best wishes,
Thomas