[IPython-dev] [ANN] Released IPython 4.0, completing The Big Split

David Powell DavidAnthonyPowell+python at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:30:38 EDT 2015

Great news, and thanks for the hard work.

I just used pip to upgrade my Windows conda based installation. One thing I
noticed is that all of the jupyter scripts are python files without
extensions, rather than windows .exe files. So "jupyter notebook" does not
work from the command line. However "ipython notebook" works just fine, as
there is a new ipython.exe in my scripts folder.

Should the installer be creating this .exe file? If it's a bug, to which
repo(s) should it be reported? It's not so clear after the big split.

regards
David