[IPython-dev] Using jupyter_console as embedded shell

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 07:34:10 EST 2015

On 3 December 2015 at 12:01, Frédéric Mantegazza <mantegazza at ill.fr> wrote:

> But my config (prompt, completion, exceptions behaviour...) is not taken
> into account. What did I miss?

The prompts config won't affect the frontends you connect to the kernel -
prompts are produced by the frontend, and are mostly not configurable
(we've thought about making them more configurable, but there aren't many
people asking for that, and it would add quite a bit of complexity, so it
hasn't happened yet).

As far as I know, the completions and custom exception handlers you're
setting up should work; I'm not sure why they don't.

Thomas