[IPython-dev] not sure where to report this

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 02:29:04 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Jonathan Taylor <
jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu> wrote:

> I have a gist (
> https://gist.github.com/jonathan-taylor/04cc0306a08fb15c4c30 ) with some
> MathJax that renders fine on chrome and safari but not on firefox. Same
> problem on two different macs. Possibly other browsers as well (Rob?)
>
> Machine #1: chrome (47.0.2526.80), safari (9.0.1), firefox (42.0). OS X
> (10.10.5)
>
> Machine #2: chrome ( 47.0.2526.73), safari (9.0.1), firefox (42.0). OS X
> (10.11.1)
>
> (I presume OS is not relevant but including it just in case)

Mmh, the issue is actually that on github, the math renderer is *not* the
full MathJax, but an internal library with different and more limited
capabilities.

If you render this same gist on nbviewer, which does use the full MathJax,
it works fine also on Firefox (I just tested, and I do see the problem on
the github-based render):

http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/gist/jonathan-taylor/04cc0306a08fb15c4c30

These bugs aren't in our renderer, so they should be sent directly to
support at github.com so they can fix them in the github renderer itself...

Cheers