[IPython-dev] Editing a table in the notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 06:03:26 EST 2015

On 15 December 2015 at 10:29, Francesc Alted <faltet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for the record, I noticed that qgrid does install the .js and .css
> files in:
>
> $ ls ~/.local/share/jupyter/nbextensions/qgridjs/
> __init__.py   lib        qgrid.datefilter.js  qgrid.filterbase.js
>  qgrid.securityfilter.js  qgrid.textfilter.js
> __init__.pyc  qgrid.css  qgrid.editors.js     qgrid.js
>             qgrid.sliderfilter.js    qgrid.widget.js
>
> and not in ~/.ipython/profile_default/static/custom .  I suppose this
> change of configuration paths in newer IPython/Jupyter is responsible for
> my previous attempts with the handsontable and the recipe in
> https://gist.github.com/rossant/9463955 to fail in my setup.

You suppose correctly. :-) The notebook, along with all the other language
independent parts, comes under the Jupyter name. You can see where it looks
for different kinds of files on your system by running:

jupyter --paths

Notebook extensions are looked up in the set of paths marked 'data'.

Best wishes,
Thomas