[IPython-dev] Installation docs out of date

Ian Bell ian.h.bell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:47:16 EST 2015

Sometimes you have no choice but to fall back to pip when conda chokes on a
package that it doesn't understand.  So I have a hodgepodge of
pip-installed and conda-installed packages on my machine, and until conda
fully supports pip, it looks like it is going to stay that way.

I'm fine not using pip and using conda, but the conda docs should tell you
how to get everything up and running easily with ipython.  Adding the line
described in this thread would probably do it.

Ian