[IPython-dev] nosebook: notebooks-as-documentation-as-tests

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:28:00 EST 2015

Thanks for this, Nicholas - there has been quite a bit of discussion about
having something like doctest for notebooks, so it's great to see an
implementation.

I imagine the tricky bit will be deciding which bits of output are
changeable and should be ignored. I think doctest recognises three things
that are allowed to vary:

- <foo at 0x4fce2...> reprs
- Python tracebacks
- ... ellipsis to explicitly mark variable sections (this might need an
extra option enabled, I forget)

Best wishes,
Thomas