[IPython-dev] [ANN] IPython 3.0.0rc1

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:37:46 EST 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 01:44, Max Linke <max_linke at gmx.de> wrote:

> Is there a document describing how to migrate my custom.js to 3.0?
> I currently use 'IPython.load_extensions()' in my custom.js which
> produces the error 'TypeError: IPython.load_extensions() is not a
> function'. Has this function been deprecated or replaced recently?

It's still the public API for loading extensions, but it might not have
been loaded when your custom.js is run. I see you currently have a call to
load_extensions() in your custom.js outside any event handler - if you wrap
that in:

$([IPython.events]).on('app_initialized.NotebookApp', function(){ ... });

does it work?

Thomas