[IPython-dev] [ANN] IPython 3.0.0rc1

Max Linke max_linke at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 16:43:47 EST 2015

Isn't there a guarantee about which functions are available when
custom.js is loaded?

The custom.js installed with the rc version says that classes and
functions are available at load time and shows an example to add a
custom keybinding like this.

      IPython.Cell.options_default.cm_config.extraKeys['Home']
          ='goLineLeft';

I tried to read the old behavior of 'ctrl-j' and 'ctrl-k' with:

     IPython.Cell.options_default.cm_config.extraKeys['ctrl-j']
         ='move_cell_down';

this gives the error "IPython.Cell undefined" and now new keybindings
are defined.

Wrapping it in a require statement like this also doesn't help

     require([
         'base/js/namespace',
     ], function(IPython) {
         IPython.Cell.options_default.cm_config.extraKeys['ctrl-j'] =
             'move_cell_down';
     });

I still get the same error that "IPython.Cell" is not defined.

best Max