[IPython-dev] Hide input

John Omernik john at omernik.com
Thu Feb 19 14:27:30 EST 2015

So I see this has been discussed before (Git Hub Closed issue 1340)
But I am confused at the decision process behind saying iPython will
not have the ability to hide or collapse input cells, but it will be
in NBConvert...

I can think of a number of cases where a collapse input would
invaluable to intuitive data manipulation.  Say you have a text Json
blob... you can assign to a variable in Python, and then collapse down
the input to just the top line , and proceed to do data manipulation
without having to scroll through pages of Json text.  It makes the
analysis (not just the reading of the NBConverted notebook) easier .

Can we rethink this decision to add the ability to hide input?