[IPython-dev] IPython 3.0, the homestretch. We need your help!

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 22:47:22 EST 2015

Hi all,

we're behind schedule, but there is light at the end of the 3.0 tunnel.
Now is the time where we need the help from our community. This is the list
of currently open issues tagged for 3.0:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A3.0

If you see anything there for which you can contribute in any way a fix,
patch, or even constructive feedback, we'd be very grateful.

Eventually some of those will inevitably have to be retargetted for
3.1/4.0, since we won't be able to get to all of them. But there's a reason
we'd labeled them 3.0, so it would be great to actually close as many of
them as possible (or at least make partial progress on them, enough to
address the key problem and perhaps leave an easier but potentially longer
tail for 3.1/4).

So please jump in!