[IPython-dev] Proposal: soft moratorium on re-architecting for 5.0

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:21:40 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that major rewrites of content before 4.0 is a good
> idea, but I think there is a lot of simple docs organization changes
> we can make that would improve users experience significantly while
> not taking us too much time.

I know Thomas and some others have already made a bunch of progress on the
ReadTheDocs layout of this, and to be honest, they have a better grasp of
the release schedule of 4.0 than I do.

Which brings me to... :)

It's obvious that we've been less-than-organized with our release schedule
this time around.  So I think we should:

- nominate a release manager for each release from now on.

- have that person draft  and run a release calendar. They have full
authority over it.

For 4.0, who wants the job ? :)