[IPython-dev] rant: "%matplotlib inline"

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:52:27 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Shead, Timothy <tshead at sandia.gov> wrote:

> At the risk of being self-serving, Toyplot (http://toyplot.readthedocs.org)
> is a plotting library for Python that Just Works when imported into a
> notebook.

Not at all! Please, authors of projects like Toyplot and HoloViews, do let
us know what your use cases are, and if you have a different perspective on
this!  We can't make informed decisions without input from you all, so it's
extremely important that you pitch in.

And in this case, it seems obvious that any PR that we create, should be
one of those that before merging, we give it a chance to get "socialized"
in the mailing list as well, by pinging folks here, since not everyone
follows the repos closely...