[IPython-dev] ZeroMQ version for IPython 3.x?

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:27:21 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Matthias Bussonnier
<bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, the 4.0.x and 4.1.y branch of ZMQ should be ok,
> exception of 4.0.6 and 4.1.1. (cf [1]).  don’t see any reason why it should
> not work with 3.x, but we don’t have hard requirement as long as it
> works, and as we don’t use too advances feature of ZMQ you should
> mostly be safe.

Thanks for the info. I have available ZeroMQ 4.0.4 via lisp-zmq
so I guess that should be workable. I'll keep you posted.

> Also I might have seen someone else speaking of writing a Maxima kernel
> not so long ago, can’t remember at what occasion (seem to me it was on
> gitter).

Well, I think that was me -- I asked on the Jupyter mailing list
and someone, I think it was you, advised me to stick to IPython 3.x ...

best,

Robert Dodier