[IPython-dev] Announcing $6M in new funding for the project over the next 3 years

T. Sarbanes sarbanes at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:09:56 EDT 2015

Congrats!!!
A very well-deserved award for the whole team.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the continued breakthrough and endless evolutionary innovations.

Cheers,
Tassos Sarbanes

From: fperez.net at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:24:12 -0700
To: jupyter at googlegroups.com; ipython-dev at scipy.org
Subject: [IPython-dev] Announcing $6M in new funding for the project over	the next 3 years

Hi all,
we're delighted to finally be able to publicly announce that the project has received a new round of funding!
Thanks to the generous support of the Helmsley Trust, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation,  Brian and I have a 3 year, $6M grant that will allow us to continue supporting the entire team in a number of interesting directions.
You can read the full details of the project, including the releases from the foundations supporting us and our original grant proposal, here:
http://blog.jupyter.org/2015/07/07/jupyter-funding-2015
Stay tuned, over the next few weeks, as we move forward with more job announcements.  But it's a good time to remind everyone of the ones we already have:  https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/736