[IPython-dev] Checkpoints & empty directories

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:11:32 EDT 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 20:38, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forget what we decided about atomic saving - will 4.0 have a way to
> disable it? I am still running into these issues on nfs file systems

4.0 will achieve atomic saving in a different way, which will hopefully
cause fewer problems.

> It's odd that the stuff I saved was lost though. It wasn't critical work,
just some notes I took. It's more of a puzzle than an annoyance.

It's pretty concerning to us if the notebook can lose work. But I can't
immediately think what else might be causing it. If it happens again,
please let us know.

Thomas