[IPython-dev] 4.0 release status

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:06:29 EDT 2015

On 24 July 2015 at 10:56, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Part of the challenge is that we may
> need to have instructions that handle folks upgrading from ipython
> <=3.x as well.
>
> * Do we know what those instructions will be yet?

That's a good point. I think it will be simply to install the Jupyter
package using pip or conda, according to what IPython was installed with.
I'll ping Aaron Meurer to work out what the conda packaging situation will
be.

> * Should we create issues on the jupyter/jupyter repo for the
> metapackage and install docs?

Min's already got a PR open for the metapackage. I'll make an issue for the
upgrade situation.

Thanks,
Thomas