[IPython-dev] inline plot is not shown in notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:28:03 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have taken the latest matplotlib code from github, and installed it. Now,
inline plots are not shown in the notebook anymore, I only get the plot
signature like this:
[image: Inline image 1]

Is there something that I should set? If so, what would that be? I have
found a couple of postings here and there, but those didn't solve my
problem.

I can use the notebook backend like so:
[image: Inline image 2]

but this requires the extra "fig, (ax) = subplots(1)" line before every
plot command, otherwise, the figure is drawn only once, no matter how many
times I issue the plot command. Is there a setting that blocks subsequent
plots?

I am running ipython version 4.0 with python 3.3 kernel.

Thanks,

Zoltán