[IPython-dev] IPython 3.1.0 headings pop-up

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:36:18 EDT 2015

> On May 31, 2015, at 11:17, Jose Gomez-Dans <jgomezdans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In the latest IPython version, there's a pop up that jumps out whenever you select a cell and indicate that it will be a heading, and telling you to indicate the hierarchy of the heading using markdown syntax. Now, after a while this gets quite annoying.

The pop-up is annoying on purpose so that user loose the habit of selecting “Heading” and click “Markdown”.
This behave as expected, thanks for confirming.

> Is there some way to turn this off? Also, shouldn't it turn itself off by default after the first N times?
>

> IPython no longer uses special heading cells. Instead, **write your headings in Markdown cells** using # characters:

Are you by any chance still selecting Heading ?
If so click Markdown.
Maybe we should make the text use a blink tag
and play an annoying sound if people still click on Heading ? Or be clearer on the text.

If you are still clicking Heading by 5.0 don’t worry the option will probably  be removed.
—
Keep Calm and Click Markdown.